The Town of Shelburne Introduces Veterans Memorial Banner Program for 2022
The Town of Shelburne is joining nearby municipalities in offering a program to commemorate local veterans in a respectful and vibrant way. As such, the Town is proud to introduce the Veterans Memorial Banner Program this year. This program allows families and friends of veterans to have these heroes honoured with a full colour banner that will be displayed along King Street for the weeks leading up to Remembrance Day.
The Veterans Memorial Banner Program has been a true success in dozens of communities across Canada and Shelburne is proud to join in the spirit of remembering our veterans in this unique way. For 2022, there will be only 15 banner spots in the Town of Shelburne as we introduce the program, ensuring a high-quality process and results. If there are more than 15 applications received in the set timeframe (see below), applications will be selecting randomly. We do anticipate this year’s program to be positively embraced by the community and will likely add more locations in future years for those not selected this year.
For those families interested in this program, please note the following:
• Banners will be placed on light standards along King Street near the Cenotaph.
• The banner size is 24”x 36”, double sided.
• The veteran’s name, photo (if available) and service details will be displayed on the banner, along with the families’ name (if requested).
• The Town of Shelburne will store the banners and reinstall them up annually for three consecutive years then return the banners to the families before December 2024.
• The cost for the banners will be $300.00 including all taxes. Any remaining funds will be donated to the Legion.
• Applications can be found online at https://www.shelburnens.ca/departments/forms.html or at the Town Office between 9am-2pm. Applications will be accepted until 2 pm on Tuesday August 2nd, 2022.
• Selected applications will receive notice by the end of that day and will need to submit pertinent information and make payment by no later than Monday, August 8th, 2022, to meet production timelines.
For more information on the Veterans Memorial Banner Program, including photos and testimonials from other communities, visit www.memorialbanner.ca.
If you have any questions regarding the program, feel free to contact Executive Coordinator Robin Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or (902) 875-2991 ext. 8.