Public Works Operator-Employment Opportunity
- Published: Friday, 17 June 2022 10:44
TOWN OF SHELBURNE
Public Works Operator
The Town of Shelburne is seeking applications from qualified experienced individuals for the position of Public Works Operator.
Duties of the position include:
- Equipment operation and maintenance
- Operating equipment in salting and snow clearing operations
- Operating other equipment in day-to-day and construction operations
- Assist with pipe laying operations
- Cleaning and repairing of catch pits and manholes
- Perform traffic control duties
- Assist with the rebuild of streets and sidewalks
- Assisting the water and wastewater utilities as needed
- Operate light and/or heavy utility vehicles for various purposes
- Other duties as directed
The successful candidate must:
- Have a valid Nova Scotia driver’s license
- Pass basic First Aid and WHMIS training (will be provided for the successful candidate)
- Have the ability to work independently with little supervision
The ideal candidate will have:
- Grade 12 education or equivalent GED
- 1-2 years of experiences or equivalent
Applicants are invited to submit their resume in person to 168 Water Street in Shelburne or by email to Sarah Mattatall, Manager of Administration & Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hours of work, benefits, and wages are pursuant to the current collective agreement. Please note, only those applicants receiving an interview will be contacted.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve. The Town of Shelburne has an employment equity objective, and we welcome applications from Indigenous People, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of these equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your application.
Wastewater Plant Operator- Employment Opportunity
- Published: Wednesday, 25 May 2022 10:52
Commercial Space for Rent
- Published: Wednesday, 18 May 2022 15:52
Seniors Care Grant
- Published: Wednesday, 18 May 2022 09:23
For more information about the Seniors Care Grant, including eligibility and applying, please call 1-800-670-4357 or visit https://beta.novascotia.ca/apply-help-household-costs.... Application forms are also available at Access Nova Scotia Centres and MLA offices across the province.